Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I thought I would blog tonight, before things get too crazy again! I will probably send out my summer email to everyone in the next couple of weeks with some new pictures and more details. . .

First, I start my part-time teaching job at the university's English institutue next week, but classes don't start till the week after that. So excited!! Looking for great things to come out of this, and can't wait to graduate and leave my current job. Do not get me wrong I like working with the clients for the most part, but hate the company's politics and rules. The supervisor and I well, we don't get along much either. Don't do what I did, but I told her that we aren't friends, I am just her employee and will continue to do my best until I can say see ya later!

My mother has two more rounds of chemo, and she is doing okay. She had to get a shot three days in a row the week after the first round because her white blood cells were low. She took a job in the Orlando area and will be moving there at the beginning of August. I am a bit sad about this. . . but happy for her. It makes me all the more want to leave here after graduation and perhaps go Southeast for a while.

The tornado that went through Joplin that was something, wasn't it? It shocked us here and scared us especially since that storm was heading this direction for a while that night. I have not been there or seen it in person, but might later in June. . . but kind of don't want to because I'll be upset. Plus, not to mention that after that happened we were all on edge for like three days because of the possibility of tornadoes. We went to dinner with my mother one night, two day later, and we were the only ones in the restaurant and the TV was on with all the tornadoes in OK and Kansas coming right at us that night. No one was out and we kind of left there like, "well this could be it" but no one said it. It was just like text us if the tornado is coming and we'll just say hi. The storms all died that night after they crossed into our area, Thank God! But let me tell you we are going to take tornado sirens and warnings seriously now like everyone in Missouri will for at least the next couple of years!

Our daughter is doing well. . . she is getting so big and starting to talk more and more mainly Korean words. She goes everywhere and gets into everything if you don't stop her. Really exhausting and keeps us busy, but of course I love her so much. She is almost 2! That is unbelievable how fast the time went. . . still amazed at how much our lives have changed after having her. (Some really happy and exciting things. Other things still remember fondly like a distant dream that we could do at ease and places we could go without a big fuss before our baby. However, before we know it some of this shall pass too and we will have new challenges as parents.) That is a bit scary too!

After writing this, I realize how long my summer edition email is going to be. (maybe I should start typing soon.)

No comments: